Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A little direction

I've been on hiatus from my weekly Q&A feature and I've been using the time to do a little shop tweaking and banner making for TMCPhoto and rethinking what I want this blog to be about and where I want to take it, not to mention working on ways to keep things fresh. I've been wondering if I've had enough focus here and whether I've veered off of the original track and onto another one running a little parallel but with a few more wide curves.

What got me thinking was the number of Mommy Bloggers I have been following. These women are smart funny and in some cases brutally honest about their lives. I've been known to laugh out loud at certain posts and to blow my nose and wipe dripping eyes after others. So I was wondering if I've started to slot myself into the Mommy-Blogger role.

Not that that's a bad thing, I am a Mommy, the Peanut is a pretty big part of my life and our days together make up quite a lot of blog fodder for me. When I started out, the purpose of writing was to let people get to know me, my art and hopefully lead them to my Etsy shops. So I've been thinking about how to balance out the art and the mommy stuff.

I'm hoping I've got it all worked out. In the meantime I'm gearing up for the return of the 5 question feature. I've got a list of shops and artists I want to feature and I'm truly excited about getting back into the swing of things.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Whatever you do, keep doin' it!

I met Midori, who also has a banner on my blog. Her Etsy shop is doing great. She shows up each week at the Ocean Beach farmer's market and also sells there. I wonder if you couldn't do the same thing up where you live--?

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

Those are the bloggers who always have a story to tell :)

TMCPhoto said...

Shawn; It's always great to be able to put a face to a name/website/artwork/blog. With money being so tight around here I haven't been able to get out and in person to sell my stuff. I do have plans to partner up with a friend to do fairs but we probably won't be out and about until next year.

Frenzy, don't they just? from my own experience with the Peanut I could spend hundreds of blog posts just talking about her and her little moments or me and mine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts