Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Count down and flying time

in one short week we'll be in Alberta with a 4 year old, not a 3 year old; a 4 year old.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the fact that 4 years ago she was a very much looked forward to little person with no name, no gender and we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. The last 4 years have been so full. Full of unexpected rushes of love so intense that that I never would have believed them before the Peanut came along. Full of pride so head inflating that I'm sure that my hat size has gone up 10 sizes. Full of frustrations and impatience and the graspings at all those perfect and not so perfect little moments as they fly by.

I have one more year of having her 100% and then it's time for school. She'll go off to learn new things and make new friends. Sure she'll come back each day with tales of her adventures, the things she's learned, the friends she's made. And she'll still be ours. So I'll be soaking in this last year with her, taking it all in before she becomes a big kid and not my little baby anymore. The count down is on and time is flying.

1 comment:

cabin + cub said...

i hear the time does fly by with a little one! enjoy this year before she heads to school! ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts