Sunday, July 4, 2010

6 Weeks

We're in Alberta for a few weeks; since our last trip proved a little light in the internet connections I've scheduled some posts so you won't miss me too much.

Well, last week we found out and confirmed and then the tummy party really started (link to there's a party in my tummy.

With the Peanut, morning sickness didn't quite get to the point where I actually got sick, as in run the the bathroom hand over my mouth sick. Last Wednesday, after heading out to get my blood tests done we made it home just in time for me to go running for the bathroom. But, but but, the landlord is working on the basement suite and the water was turned off that day. I won't get into too much detail because tales of heaving are not pleasant to read.

So on to other things: other things different this time around.

- We found out 6 weeks a earlier than with the Peanut.
- I am feeling way more tired and actually fall asleep in the middle of the day as well as hitting the sack earlier each night
- Food cravings and aversions, with the Peanut I couldn't eat eggs (except hard boiled and quiche), granny smith apples smeared with crunchy peanut butter and I had to drink V8 juice and suck on lemons.
This time I can't have onions or garlic. Roast beef turns my stomach, as do french fries, coffee (which is supposed to be off limits anyway) seeing certain foods on TV; pasta in meat sauce, meat loaf, deep fried things, most meat things click on the gag reflex... there isn't much that doesn't flare up on the food aversion scale; and what makes me ill one day may not be the same thing from day to day.
I am craving ketchup (something I rarely eat) watermelon or strawberries with lemon squeezed on, sandwiches (I'm loving sandwiches, on whole grain, with lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper with either ham or turkey, grilled cheese), and pudding.

Other than being tired and feeling it almost doesn't seem real yet. When we get to hear the heart beat for the first time; and see the Bean on the first ultrasound (we'll be setting that up for when we return from Alberta; cue tears and feelings of being completely overwhelmed) once again this post is scheduled, all of this happened in Early June in case you're into dates and all that.

1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Big congrats with the extension of your little family! :) Woohoo!
Hope the morning sickness won't stay long!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts