Friday, December 31, 2010

getting things organized


or maybe it's just a little bit less of a mess, or perhaps a different kind of mess. Having the husband home for a few days over the last week has meant that we've been able to take giant strides towards getting our work space organized.

So far this week we have:
Purchased our new storage and work tables
Cleaned off the old work surface and emptied out the old storage
Assembled our new tables and storage
Things are starting to find permanent homes
Things are finding temporary homes
Decisions about which things are going into the garage and which can be kept out are being made
Shelves that we've had in storage since our move have been hung

It's not exactly as we want it, there are still things that need homes and for the most part it still looks pretty messy. But, BUT it's starting to come together and I can see in my minds eye how it could be once it's finished. Ideally what I want is for my studio space to be inspiring to me. Otherwise as a space it just won't work.

5 comments:

brandi said...

~clearing the way for a new year ahead...we all have to start somewhere and sometimes those tasks may take it a bit longer but in the end...your heart will soar with the space you have created!!! good for you and yours for taking on this task...in the end you will be forever thankful!!! cheers to the new year ahead...much love light and blessings be with you and yours always~

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Since you have begun your battle with organization, I wish you continued success. It is never an easy task to organze but it feels like you climbed a mountain and overcame it when you finish. Good for you.

Happy New Year, The Olde Bagg, Linda

TMCPhoto said...

I'm blaming the nesting instinct for this mad dash organizing. Either way I'll be happy to get it over and done so I can make use of the space

jennohara said...

I wish you the best in organzing! I love organzing. It'll be a fresh start for you for the New Year!
I hope only the best for you in the coming year!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hooray for steps towards organization and getting the work space you want/need! A big hooray!!!

Keep going. :-)

Gentle January hugs...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts