Friday, December 17, 2010

I Refuse To Should All Over Myself

Today we're meeting with the obstetrician and by this afternoon we'll know when the Bean will be making her debut as a real live little person as opposed the faceless bouncing bundle who is at this moment jabbing a very pointed knee into my ribcage.

I'm thinking that this whole having a second baby thing is going to feel even more real by the end of the day. You know, because the undulating belly, the hiccup reverb in my butt and the body shifting kicks aren't really enough to bring it home just yet.

We've decided to have the Bean via c-section. There are a number of reasons for this decision but the main one is that the anxiety surrounding experiencing natural childbirth for the first time is something I'm wanting to bypass. We've had a few emotional speed bumps over the last 7 months and the less anxiety that I have to endure the better. Since the Peanut was delivered via c-section I have the comfort of knowing what to expect as well.

Do I think I'm missing out on the whole experience of pushing and pain? Yup.
Just not enough to want to put myself through it. Do I think I should be having that experience? Not at all. I spent a few weeks waffling on the decision, considering what would be the best for me and our family and ultimately I decided that there was no way that I was going to should myself into doing what wasn't necessarily the best thing for me.

Being a parent, being pregnant, just being is hard enough with out the added stress of shoulding all over ourselves.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, I definitely do not miss that feeling of baby being squished all inside me, kicking to come out!! But BOY is it exciting! :)

I had an unplanned c-section with my first, which wasn't very good at all. But having my second by planned c-section was the BEST thing ever. Just relaxing, and quick, and painless (well, besides the recovery, but I meant the surgery part) and made life with a minute old, hour old, day old baby so much more wonderful!!

Good luck to you!! Being stress-free is one thousand times better than pushing and worrying!

Rue said...

My brother and I were born C-section and my mother never regretted it for a minute. And we both turned out healthy and fine. Well...except my dirty mind...but I don't think I can blame my mom for that one.

Never "should" yourself! Do what's right for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts