Friday, February 18, 2011

books books books

I'm on a bit of a new book binge. Not that I'm buying new books just borrowing them from the library. I mentioned before the Bean was out and about that I was planning on getting lots of reading in over the next little while. I was a tiny bit worried that I was being a little optimistic regarding how much I was going to be able to read after she made her entrance, but I've been pretty lucky so far.

I'm not reading as fast as I normally do but I have been able to finish off a healthy stack of books over the last three weeks. So far I've been keeping to authors who I'm familiar with; Nick Hornby, Terry Pratchet, Neil Gaiman, and a newer member of my must read if written by list China Mieville.

In the Hospital and during our first week home I was reading Good Omens by Pratchet and Gaiman. I also read Hornby's Juliet Naked, a handful of Gaiman's Graphic novels, and I'm now reading Mieville's Un Lun Dun and loving it.

What's on your reading list right now?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how great that you find time to read, even with a little bean! :) My youngest slept for the first 4 months of her life - that is ALL she did. I had never been so rested in my life! But then she woke up and has kept me on my toes ever since :D

I LOVE Hornby and Gaiman! Currently I'm reading Annie's Ghosts by Steve Luxenberg, which is a mystery memoir about his mother... very fascinating!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts