Friday, March 18, 2011

Music Music Music

Now I don't know if you've noticed or not but I haven't been doing a lot of posting here; what with the Bean taking up a lot of my time and the Peanut taking up a lot of my other time. In fact writing this post has taken me about 3 hours so far.

So I'm following along on this facebook meme where I a song is posted each day that falls within a specific paradigm. (there now I've used a big ol' snazzy word I can feel like the Mommy brain isn't beating all the smarts out of my head). so I thought what a great way to keep up with posting than to transfer the meme to the blog?

Here's the thing about music; it's very subjective; it ties in strongly to our emotions; and while being very communal; (I think it safe to say that most people listen to music and in a lot of cases a lot of people listen to, and enjoy the same music) it's also very personal too (why one person may loves a certain song can be very different from why another person loves (or hates,) the same song).

Our lives are soundtracked with certain songs providing the key to events and moments in time. No matter where you are, a song can start to play and memories of the summer you were 16, the boy or girl you first kissed, the first big fight you had with your significant other, the moment you learned a bit of life changing news, will rise. See what I mean about music being personal?

So let's get started:


Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence by

A song that I love.

I know that I've said it here before but I'll say it again. I love Depeche Mode. Of all their songs there is a long list that would fit here. One of the reasons that I love this song is the lyrics
words like violence.... come crashing in to my little world
words are very unnecessary
words are meaningless and forgettable

Also on the list of reasons I love this song is the video. As well as being a fan of Depeche Mode I'm also a fan of Anton Corbijn's photography and videography and don't get me started on how much I loved Control, the rich blacks deep enough to get lost inside.....

And not least it's singable and danceable. Anytime I hear this song I am most likely singing along and possibly dancing around with my Peanut Butter and Jelly Beans.

So it's your turn, post on your blog about your favourite song include a video if you like. Tell us why that song and add a link in the comments below where we can find your post. I'll do my best to visit and make a comment too.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts