Wednesday, February 15, 2012

That Even Doesn't Exist!

was said to me in the disdainful tones only a five year old can produce (because it still comes off as adorable and you just want to squeeze her instead of have a stroke inducing fit of rage over the disrespect) after I told her that helping with her sister was the reason she'd won the Big Sister of the Year Award.

Truly, I've been amazed over the course of the last year and a few weeks at how simply wonderful the peanut is with the Bean. She helps keep her occupied when I'm changing poopy diapers with only a trace amount of nausea at the stench, she keeps an eye on her to make sure she's not getting into things that aren't bean Authorized bits and Pieces. And she plays with her. Without being asked. Add to that that I have not once seen her do anything on purpose to make the Bean cry and you see where I'm coming from.

Yes we've had a few episodes of acting out and playing for attention in all the wrong ways but we've also weeded out the whys and the wherefores and done our best to give her some Peanut only time with apologies for forgetting to do so when we've had to. But in the grand scheme of things I am so pleased with how blessed we are with the girls.

So back to the Big Sister of the Year Award; I laughed and smiled and told her she'd have to come and tell me she was all wrong about that when she got her certificate awarding her with the coveted prize of Best Big Sister of the Year. Still there was disdain!

I was told that when she didn't get a certificate I would see that the award just didn't exist.


Challenge Accepted:


My Memories Scrapbooking Software comes in Handy again! In about 5 minutes  I had the above certificate done and printed. She totally called me on the fact that I made the award myself but she also took my word for it, that the award exists based on the certificate. I love this age. Added bonus, I got my own Best Mommy of the Year Award later in the afternoon. glitter and crayon on the back of the school notice that we'll be scheduling a meeting with a speech therapist for the Peanut within the next few months. I did mention that I love this age right?


If you're interested in the Software I used to make the certificate visit my review/giveaway post here! there's plenty of time to enter!

1 comment:

jennohara said...

Awe, too cute!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts