Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Slow Goings but going none the less

I think I may have wildly overestimated my ability to get through the long list. I'm still at it though. The flying man is so far an absorbing read whenever I get a chance to be absorbed. The main character is a charming minor villain, leaving broken hearts and families behind his wandering feet.

I've started The Night Circus as well. When I say I've started I mean I've read the prologue and the first page of the first chapter. The premise is very promising but I haven't heard good things about it. I'll keep on it and let you know if I have anything bad to say about it. Tides of War is sitting on my kitchen table waiting for me to get through Flying Man before it can be started...

Are you reading along? What books are you reading, what are your thoughts? 
  • Island of Wings by Karin Altenberg 
  • On the Floor by Aifric Campbell - On deck
  • The Grief of Others by Leah Hager Cohen
  • The Sealed Letter by Emma Donoghue 
  • Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan - Finished
  • The Forgotten Waltz by Anne Enright
  • The Flying Man by Roopa Farooki - about half through
  • Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon 
  • Painter of Silence by Georgina Harding 
  • Gillespie and I by Jane Harris 
  • The Translation of the Bones by Francesca Kay
  • The Blue Book by A.L. Kennedy 
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - started
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
  • Foreign Bodies by Cynthia Ozick - Finished
  • State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
  • There but for the by Ali Smith
  • The Pink Hotel by Anna Stothard
  • Tides of War by Stella Tillyard - on deck
  • The Submission by Amy Waldman 

1 comment:

Rue said...

Good for you for plowing ahead through that list! I have great intentions to read quite a few of the un-read books on my shelf, but thus far my book reading has been sparse. Read on!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts